Saturday, September 16, 2006

 

Entering a new phase of life.. Passion anew

Well, not in any other girl or anything like that, of course not.

More curiously, it refers to my watching Saving Private Ryan, probably one of the best films I've ever watched (well, I never really grew attached to romance films too much, so I don't think too highly of them.. of course, the way I think, I'd have to be having watched it with a girl to ever even think of such a genre very highly.. lol.. I'm just sucky ducky at such stuff).

Based around World War II, in particular the D-day landing at Omaha Beach and the events following that, Captain John Miller (Tom Hanks) is given new orders by the Chief of Staff, to save Private James Francis Ryan (Matt Damon).

This search for Private Ryan ensues following the death of Ryan's other three brothers, having been killed in action, and all separated from one another following a previous incident that resulted in the total loss of all brothers in a family.

To ensure such a possibility would never occur again, the Ryan brothers were all split up.

Wow. I don't know how to further describe this movie. Apart from the fact that there's plenty of action, blood and the buildup of many events as it goes through, I realised watching this is more or less the same as playing as the American allies in the game Call of Duty 2. I recall the Bell Tower in the movie, in either the first game or the 2nd game, and I certainly remember the landing.

It was certainly a spectacular movie to watch with nothing more to do for the evening. I really hate lonely times at the moment. I'm trying to fill my drab life.

But yeah, well, my interest in World War II was ignited yet once more with the movie tonight. It was evident why it deserved the 11 nominations it got.

So, my first day turning 20 is officially spent in front of the TV, apart from doing nearly nothing else.

Or is it technically my 2nd day? Hm..

Found out there's another Rocky movie coming out.. That's another movie series I enjoyed.

But yeah, Saving Private Ryan was an awesome movie, unless you hate war movies and so forth. But certainly compelling, inspiring, and certainly, makes me ponder if I earnt the right to go home. I don't think so. I haven't been able to look at my own parents in the eye and say that I gave it a real go. That's what the whole thing about war is too. How the camaraderie of your mates gets you through the toughest of times, how you don't really have choices like we do today, how working together can make a whole difference, being fairly prominent in your line of work, in terms of skill and ability, also helps, so wow. Tears, fired up emotions, all of that were a part of me watching this movie.

I'm not afraid to say what I say, because what I say is what I think. I want to earn the right to go home. I want to earn the right to come home to the people I love. I want to earn the right to say "I love you" to the person I'd love the most. I want to earn the right to get through adversity in the correct and most appropriate manner.

That's why, I'm too honest.

But in a way, I guess, that is my character. I hate liars, I hate people who give the wrong facts when it really matters. But... that's life. No one's perfect. So let's get on with things ey?

I want to say that, Saving Private Ryan, was probably one of the best movies I'll ever watch. Honestly the quality of movies is getting crappier and crappier. I can't see many movies even matching this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?