Saturday, September 09, 2006
Take me back to the start
I wish time could be turned back. To be back to the time when I was the carefree happy-go-lucky Alex ONG I used to be. To not have a care for the next person to me, to live as freely without worries. To live in a world without war. To have a peaceful political situation. To have racism stamped out of societies. That prejudice may not be veiled by the ever-present issues of the present.
That's my wish.
This weekend marks a very special weekend. The Italian GP is going to decide whether the end of an era continues, or is at its end. Will Michael Schumacher retire from Motor Sport?... Only the man knows now, but tomorrow 4pm we'll know of the decision.
My happiness has returned. My old scars, covered. With no one with me, I am free of any obligation. I miss my friends, yes, but for now, I revel in the freedom and peace and relaxation.
My resolution is to return to the old Alex Ong I was. I will.
Sport will be an integral part of my life. Friends will be coming in droves to participate with me in the activities I want to do the most.
That's my dream. To become the old Alex Ong. To be the fella who was not only the smiling bandit, but also the never-give-up fella who challenged everything in sport. To have fun. Plenty of it. But I guess, having gone to UNSW, I changed to the point I entered RCSI with a sense of difference.
My old band of friends are the most cherished. Can't wait. Football.
Tennis.
I dream of playing those people again. Next year. 2007 is my do or die year. I will beat them. I will be the BEST. Not only career-wise, but socially and academically as well as physically dominating.
Whoo..
I love it.
I love the adrenalin rush from games.
I love football more than medicine.
I love sport more than medicine.
I love many things more than medicine.
That's my wish.
This weekend marks a very special weekend. The Italian GP is going to decide whether the end of an era continues, or is at its end. Will Michael Schumacher retire from Motor Sport?... Only the man knows now, but tomorrow 4pm we'll know of the decision.
My happiness has returned. My old scars, covered. With no one with me, I am free of any obligation. I miss my friends, yes, but for now, I revel in the freedom and peace and relaxation.
My resolution is to return to the old Alex Ong I was. I will.
Sport will be an integral part of my life. Friends will be coming in droves to participate with me in the activities I want to do the most.
That's my dream. To become the old Alex Ong. To be the fella who was not only the smiling bandit, but also the never-give-up fella who challenged everything in sport. To have fun. Plenty of it. But I guess, having gone to UNSW, I changed to the point I entered RCSI with a sense of difference.
My old band of friends are the most cherished. Can't wait. Football.
Tennis.
I dream of playing those people again. Next year. 2007 is my do or die year. I will beat them. I will be the BEST. Not only career-wise, but socially and academically as well as physically dominating.
Whoo..
I love it.
I love the adrenalin rush from games.
I love football more than medicine.
I love sport more than medicine.
I love many things more than medicine.
