Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Final Fantasy XII

A piece of art so beautiful, that is Final Fantasy XII, is certainly one of many many phrases of praise for a game that truly maximises the capability of the gaming console that is PlayStation 2.

Having played the game for a while, it has certainly come to show what a joy it is to play. The introduction alone is found over the internet, and in youtube in particular, which was recently acquired by Google.

For those who have never or hardly know of the Final Fantasy series, it is a game series that was initially really set to be the final game released by its original company of the time, Squaresoft. Instead, the first Final Fantasy game released turned out to be a sparkling success and thus, we enter the twelfth instalment of the game.

This game takes place in the land of Ivalice (those who played Final Fantasy Tactics would be very much aware of that name), ah.. what the hell.. just read it some place... Its too long to describe.

But I can tell you immediately it is perhaps the MOST beautiful game I have encountered ever. Not only is it a refreshing change from previous instalments of the series, it promises many many hours of stoning and dried eyes and... bigger bums.

Overall, this is one game that really gets my butt to work.

People often wonder why I don't go out often, it isn't that I don't want to, it is because there is something better on offer for a pleasurable experience.

The end song of FF XII is particularly nice, although I don't think it too special.

Here are the lyrics.

You may say my love is all you need to see you through
But I know these words are not quite true
Here is the path you're looking for, an open door
Leading to worlds you long to explore

Go, if you must move on alone
I'm gonna make it on my own

Kiss me good-bye, love's memory
Follow your heart and fine your destiny
Won't shed a tear for love's mortality
For you put the dream in my reality

As time goes by I know you'll see this of me
I loved you enough to let you go free

Go, I will give you wings to fly
Cast all your fears into the sky

Kiss me good-bye, love's mystery
All of my life I'll hold you close to me
Won't shed a tear for love's mortality
For you put the dream in my reality

Kiss me good-bye, love's memory
You put the dream in my reality

*Courtesy of my OST

I must say that Final Fantasy XII really and truly captivates the imagination of my mind. Not only that, it brings a sense of coming home, a return to the old Alex, a return to the way I was before I went to Australia.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

But I really will enjoy the new experience of this game when it is released in English, despite all the translations being made and all the videos on YouTube being subbed by various parties.

Sigh...

I want my old life back. Not really. I like my current life. But... I want to play Final Fantasy XII and be able to enjoy it...

Comments:
apa ni..?...video no longer available..i want!! gimme..!! err..the game i mean.. :p
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?