Friday, October 20, 2006

 

Frantic Friday

Hehe.. woke up to the sound of NO alarm clocks for the first time in a month this morning. Rather freaky as I was sound awake at 6.50am. Just before the 1st alarm clock was scheduled to go off.

Anyway, apart from that, we had a beautiful day. Haha... I played football with the 3rd meds, their Honkies, the Malaysians Desmond, Lobo and Ravi, and Wee Loon, another guy I dunno the name, and we all played at Fairview Park, in Marino.. Quite a game.

It was.. a showcase of attacking verve. Defensively, we were useless (wait till next week, I'll show you how to defend!). Haha... It was a real fun game. It proved I didn't need to wear shin guards, however, it meant I HAD to wear a long sleeve shirt, and pants that covered all of me, basically... The gigantic mosquitoes bit me twice! -_-...

Overall though, it was a good outing... With more of this, I may find myself fitter... Though I'm contemplating, certainly, about just getting fit and getting away from sports. That may just help me burn off the excess. However, thinking about it, that would make my life pretty boring. Which.. I don't like. When it is too repetitive, I'll get bored and just start not doing it, especially if I find I don't like it.

Anyway, had only one class today, ANATOMY! No lab yet on Fridays... Starting next week though, we'll have card signing, and we'll really have to be on our toes, gonna start studying properly from now on.

I've hurt my pinky. Won't post the picture up due to the gruesome nature (of course, think again when it is ME who defines gruesome :P). Anyway, nah, just kidding, lol it isn't that bad, but it certainly makes it hard to grip a tennis racquet and badminton racquet at the moment.. :)..

Haha.. playing football outdoor again brings me back to the days of the gruesomely muddy field, as well as the harsh hard fields... All of which provided much fun. I still fondly remember what I did when I came on to the field. First contribution I do makes everyone vote me for Man of the Match.. I mean.. first touch I dribble the ball from defense and shepherd it into a shooting chance..? By weaving my way through with subtle touches.

And then, when I had my stitch moments later on, I resolved to alternating between heavy drinking of ribena and playing in defense, protecting Desmond.

Moments later again, when I finally rid myself of the pain, I managed to play the ball up.. and stay back and ping it around the open field to ravi and the other Malaysian... And desmond when he ran up :).

I must admit, the balls I passed were quite nice.. But you have to put it in the sense that... no one closed each other down and pressured... So that gave me the assurance to ping the ball around. I loved those passes. Especially that one to Desmond earlier.. Oooh.. Lobo was standing 4 metres in front of me, and I just quickly sliced the ball over Lobo's head to desmond, who was about a further 10 metres away.

I must say lah.. not too bad. But I need to work on my fitness, and my dribbling with football boots. But then, for my first time back on the fields in two years for the sole purpose of football, quite happy.

Apart from that, after that, me, Desmond, Lobo and Ravi all went to BK for a small dinner (by some of our standards anyway :P)... and it was rather fun! Talked about games, the sports, our cultures.. the lot!

Headed to college soon after to have a look at the PMCSA Badminton "selections"... and so found out from Lorraine that the new full course girl used to be a state player. Ordinarily, I'd be pretty damn impressed by that. But unfortunately, I have mixed with people with National team status. People who played proudly and represented their country.

And besides, things like that don't get me impressed :).

Anyway, ran out of Meteor free sms's and credit, so I'm gonna drop by Dunnes to get a brush, as well as my new credit... recharge that phone! XD.

Anyway, tired. gonna eat my oranges and sleep! :).. Nights! :)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?