Saturday, October 14, 2006
Futsal, tennis... SLEEP @_@
Yes, that basically sums up the day I had today.
Let's enter those basic details.
Firstly, I woke up at 7.25am today to get a bus to college so I could arrive by 8.20 am. Of course, I slept in till 7.30, and then got up and made a hot cup of delicious Aussie milo, before departing for what was to be a 4 hour morning session in town.
I arrived to find in time we had enough players for futsal. Just enough anyway. Thanesh decided he had the handover meeting, so he didn't come, and there were others who weren't there that came last week.
Anyway, I decided I would wear a defender's jersey, seeing I was still kinda exhausted from the pains and illnesses I've had lately. Some call my mood change the last day or two a PMS thing, but unfortunately I'm a guy, so rule that out please =).
Well, Jamie Carragher, of Liverpool, was my jersey, with no. 23 on my back, and wow, for a player who wanted to play defense, I sure ended up a goal scorer with 3 goals.
The first was like a turn away from a defender on the counter attack, and i just strided forward once (is that proper english? I don't know.. doesn't feel like it :P), and managed to get a shot through in between someone's legs, across the goal, which had no defenders.. A goal that certainly surprised everyone.
But it was a nice first goal.
2nd goal, I thought it wasn't a goal, but everyone thought it was, so, oh well. Simple shot.
3rd goal.. I can't remember, but it was a goal!
Yeah, and that was from about 8.30 to 10am.. I was damn exhausted after that.
So, after futsal, I decided to join Victor and his two friends in a bit of ping pong. Note that I haven't played ping pong since the last time I attended the ping pong club with Sharon, Lorraine and Kenneth (which makes it at least 8 months.. AT LEAST).
Not too bad actually, I managed to get some shots, although I kinda hate the new rules that lowered the singles score. It is now first to.. 11 or so I am told. I prefer the old one where you had first to 21.
That was a fun event nonetheless, and I managed to get some glimpses of my old ping pong skill back, although Victor not too bad himself. But my smashes overall are still there, just need to work on my strokes. Must get used to change of pace and playing at fast pace, although I attribute my shabbyness today to playing futsal beforehand, which I think, slows my ability to see fast moving objects and anticipate.
Anyway, yeah, lost all of my games... YEAP I SUCK!
Anyway, after that, I made a lonely trip down to the Temple Bar Market to get some Iona Blend coffee from the Ariosa Coffee area there. My brother has a French press, and for some reason, he likes this Iona blend, which has this real strong smell. But I think its a nice smell.. for some reason.. very tasty smelling coffee.. CERTAINLY STRONG!
And thus I headed home.
Had lunch... 6 slices of bread with Tesco oven chicken, which was quite nice... But over-filling. I fell asleep soon after while watching the Blackburn vs Liverpool game.
And woke up to go to Dunnes.. My brother called me... XD Luckily. Then Thanesh caught me on my mobile phone and asked if I would like to go to tennis with him, which I happily obliged so I could play tennis again.
But he didn't tell me that the night before, at badminton, he had obtained a shoulder joint injury, which he kinda aggravated at tennis.
Oh well, hope that heals soon, in time for the futsal tryouts on Monday XD.
But yeah, we took the taxi there with the final med Adrian, and only me and Thanesh took the DART back to town.
All in all, a fantastic day, looking forward to some dinner now at 10.40pm, watching Match Of The Day at the same time as well as eating some seafood paella.
Anyway, talk to you peeps later! :)
Chao and take care :)
ps. WHAT THE HELL HAPpENED TO ALL THE CHALK FOR THE CUE STICKS!?!?!?! O_O
sighh.. :P
Let's enter those basic details.
Firstly, I woke up at 7.25am today to get a bus to college so I could arrive by 8.20 am. Of course, I slept in till 7.30, and then got up and made a hot cup of delicious Aussie milo, before departing for what was to be a 4 hour morning session in town.
I arrived to find in time we had enough players for futsal. Just enough anyway. Thanesh decided he had the handover meeting, so he didn't come, and there were others who weren't there that came last week.
Anyway, I decided I would wear a defender's jersey, seeing I was still kinda exhausted from the pains and illnesses I've had lately. Some call my mood change the last day or two a PMS thing, but unfortunately I'm a guy, so rule that out please =).
Well, Jamie Carragher, of Liverpool, was my jersey, with no. 23 on my back, and wow, for a player who wanted to play defense, I sure ended up a goal scorer with 3 goals.
The first was like a turn away from a defender on the counter attack, and i just strided forward once (is that proper english? I don't know.. doesn't feel like it :P), and managed to get a shot through in between someone's legs, across the goal, which had no defenders.. A goal that certainly surprised everyone.
But it was a nice first goal.
2nd goal, I thought it wasn't a goal, but everyone thought it was, so, oh well. Simple shot.
3rd goal.. I can't remember, but it was a goal!
Yeah, and that was from about 8.30 to 10am.. I was damn exhausted after that.
So, after futsal, I decided to join Victor and his two friends in a bit of ping pong. Note that I haven't played ping pong since the last time I attended the ping pong club with Sharon, Lorraine and Kenneth (which makes it at least 8 months.. AT LEAST).
Not too bad actually, I managed to get some shots, although I kinda hate the new rules that lowered the singles score. It is now first to.. 11 or so I am told. I prefer the old one where you had first to 21.
That was a fun event nonetheless, and I managed to get some glimpses of my old ping pong skill back, although Victor not too bad himself. But my smashes overall are still there, just need to work on my strokes. Must get used to change of pace and playing at fast pace, although I attribute my shabbyness today to playing futsal beforehand, which I think, slows my ability to see fast moving objects and anticipate.
Anyway, yeah, lost all of my games... YEAP I SUCK!
Anyway, after that, I made a lonely trip down to the Temple Bar Market to get some Iona Blend coffee from the Ariosa Coffee area there. My brother has a French press, and for some reason, he likes this Iona blend, which has this real strong smell. But I think its a nice smell.. for some reason.. very tasty smelling coffee.. CERTAINLY STRONG!
And thus I headed home.
Had lunch... 6 slices of bread with Tesco oven chicken, which was quite nice... But over-filling. I fell asleep soon after while watching the Blackburn vs Liverpool game.
And woke up to go to Dunnes.. My brother called me... XD Luckily. Then Thanesh caught me on my mobile phone and asked if I would like to go to tennis with him, which I happily obliged so I could play tennis again.
But he didn't tell me that the night before, at badminton, he had obtained a shoulder joint injury, which he kinda aggravated at tennis.
Oh well, hope that heals soon, in time for the futsal tryouts on Monday XD.
But yeah, we took the taxi there with the final med Adrian, and only me and Thanesh took the DART back to town.
All in all, a fantastic day, looking forward to some dinner now at 10.40pm, watching Match Of The Day at the same time as well as eating some seafood paella.
Anyway, talk to you peeps later! :)
Chao and take care :)
ps. WHAT THE HELL HAPpENED TO ALL THE CHALK FOR THE CUE STICKS!?!?!?! O_O
sighh.. :P
