Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Anatomy Room
The feeling of drudgery. The feeling of emptiness. The feeling of loneliness. The feeling of total and utter sadness.
Had AR yesterday, and somehow, looking at anatomy from my point of view, I guess I never really recovered from an image of my aunt for so long. Too long, in fact. That image lingers in my mind, and every moment I step into AR, I am reminded constantly of that image.
It is terrifying.
Unfortunately, I do not want to share this image, but this path of thinking has got me a little down at times.
In one sense, it reminds me why I want to do medicine, but in another sense, it also highlights the cruelties of life.
Had AR yesterday, and somehow, looking at anatomy from my point of view, I guess I never really recovered from an image of my aunt for so long. Too long, in fact. That image lingers in my mind, and every moment I step into AR, I am reminded constantly of that image.
It is terrifying.
Unfortunately, I do not want to share this image, but this path of thinking has got me a little down at times.
In one sense, it reminds me why I want to do medicine, but in another sense, it also highlights the cruelties of life.
